- 1 roll Paneton Sweet pastry
- 2 Tbs cream
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 zest of lemons
We served this with candied lemon slices, which is easy to make. It takes 2 lemons and equal parts sugar and water 1/2 cup each. Gently simmer until lemons become sticky and candied.
- Preheat oven to180'.
- Grease tart tin and line with pastry, fill any gaps and trim well. Place this in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes – this will ensure minimal shrinkage.
- Take the pastry lined tart tin and Laine with baking paper and place baking beads on top. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove baking beads and paper to further bake for 5 minutes. Brush immediately with 2 Tbs cream to seal pastry and allow to cool while making the filling.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, and remaining cream, then add lemon juice and zest and mix.
- Pour into tart case and bake until just set – a little wobbly is best as it will continue to set as it cool.