Prune and orange frangipane tart
- 1 roll Paneton sweet pastry
- 20 g butter
- 150 g prunes
- 2 oranges
- 100 g butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 zest of oranges
- Preheat the oven to 170'
- Grease tart tin with butter and press in pastry. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to rest before baking.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the pastry shell and fill with baking beads to blind bake. Bake for 15 minutes until just beginning to colour.
- Allow it to cool while making the frangipane.
- Remove skin from orange and evenly slice into rounds.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix well to combine.
- Add vanilla extract and orange zest
- Stir through almond meal and flour until well combined.
- Evenly place prunes on pastry base.
- Spoon frangipane mix around pastry base and smooth over.
- Place orange slices on top of frangipane mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes till golden.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.