Pear Ginger and Pistachio Tart
- 1 roll Paneton sweet pastry
- 20 g butter
- 2 pears cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 Tbs glazed ginger finely chopped
- 4 Tbs pistachio's toasted and finely chopped
- 100 g butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 170'
- Grease tart tin with butter and press in pastry. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to rest before baking.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the pastry shell and fill with baking beads to blind bake. Bake for 15 minutes until just beginning to colour.
- Allow it to cool while making the frangipane.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix well to combine.
- Add lemon zest.
- Stir through almond meal and flour until well combined.
- Stir through pear, ginger and 2 Tbs pistachio's.
- Spoon frangipane mix around pastry base and smooth over.
- Bake for 30 minutes till golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and 2 Tbs pistahio's to serve.