A delicious quiche made with savoury pastry and filled with spinach, broad beans and cheddar.
- 1 roll Paneton Savoury Pastry
- 125 mls Milk
- 175 mls Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbs Chopped Tarragon use chives or parsley if tarragon unavailable
- 100 g Cheddar
- 180 g Spinach cooked with excess water squeezed out
- 60 g Broad beans (double podded) use soya beans or peas if broad beans unavailable
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 170'.
- Grease your quiche tin with butter.
- Unroll Paneton savoury pastry and use a rolling pin the roll out a little thinner (approx 3mm)
- Gently take pastry and line tin, pressing in to remove air bubbles around edges and bottom. Trim edges by trimming with a knife.
- Prick the base with a fork a few times before winning with baking paper and baking beads.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove baking beads and paper and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, milk, cream and herbs and season to taste.
- Sprinkle half the cheddar cheese over the base. Spread out cooked and dried spinach. Add beans then pour over egg mix and ensure that filling is evenly distributed. Top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until just set and lightly golden on top.