Pain au Chocolat Pudding
- 12 Paneton Petit Pain au Chocolat (baked)
- 1 knob butter for greasing
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Tbs caster sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 300 ml cream
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180' and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Squish the pain au chocolat into your dish.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl, until pale.
- In a large pot, pour milk, cream and vanilla extract into pan and simmer.
- Whisk the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks and pour over the pain au chocolate. Leave for 20 minutes to soak.
- Scatter over sugar and bake for 25minutes until golden and custard is just set.
- Sprinkle with extra sugar to serve.