Pear Frangipane tart
- 1 roll Paneton Sweet Pastry
- 25 g butter for greasing tin
- 5 Pears
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1.5 L water for poaching
- 100 g butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Peel and core pears.
- In a pot large enough to house 5 pears and poaching liquid, place sugar, water and spices and heat to dissolve sugar.
- Cook pears in the poaching liquid until just tender. Remove liquid and allow to cool.
- Continue to cook poaching liquid until reduced by 2/3's. Reserve this for glazing the pears once the tart has been cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 170'
- Grease tart tin with butter and press in pastry. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to rest before baking.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the pastry shell and fill with baking beads to blind bake. Bake for 15 minutes until just beginning to colour.
- Allow it to cool while making the frangipane.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix well to combine.
- Add vanilla extract
- Stir through almond meal and flour until well combined.
- Spoon frangipane mix around pastry base and smooth over.
- Place pears evenly, on top of the frangipane mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes till golden.
- Once cooked, glaze with poaching liquid reduction.
- Decorate with toasted sliced almonds.