Apple Tarte Tatin
- 1 roll Paneton Flaky Pastry cut into a disc to fit your pan
- 6 firm apples
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g butter
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C
- Peel, core and halve apples.
- In a heavy base fry pan, heat to a medium temperature, add butter and sugar. Do not stir mixture as this will cause it to crystalise, but you can shack pan a little, to help it mix together. You want the sugar butter - caramel mix to become a light to medium golden colour before adding fruit. Arrange in a circular pattern and continue to cook, do not stir at any point - a gentle shake of the pan. This process takes 20-30 minutes.
- Once caramel fruit mix is ready, lay pastry disc over fruit - gently tuck pastry in around the sides. Place into you hot oven and cook for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and cooked.
- Remove pan from oven, place serving plate or tray over pan and flip to unveil your beautiful tarte tain.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.