- 1 roll Paneton Sweet Pastry
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb (approx)
- 100 ml cream
- 1 cup almond meal
- 100 g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- zest of mandarin or orange
- Icing sugar to serve
- Freeze dried mandarins to serve
- Grease tart tin with butter, line with pastry and rest in freezer for 30mins.
- Preheat oven 180'. Place baking paper over tart shell and fill with baking weights. Blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool while making filling.
- In a processor - cream butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add egg, zest and cream and mix well.
- Add almond and flour, mix slowly.
- Arrange cut rhubarb on the bottom of tart shell. Dollop spoonfuls of frangipane mix over rhubarb and spread around until covered.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and just set.
- To serve - dust with icing sugar and crumble with mandarins.