Paris Sourdough French Toast with cinnamon sautéed apples
- 1 Paneton Paris Sourdough long par bake loaf
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 small apples we used Pink Lady
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- butter for frying
- Plain greek yoghurt for serving
- Maple syrup or honey for serving
- Slice loaf into 2cm thick pieces (you can make it thicker if wanted)
- In a rectangle tray, mix egg, vanilla and milk until smoothly combined.
- Place slices of sourdough into soak up the eggy mix – 5 mins per side.
- Meanwhile, cut apples into wedges and saute in a pan with butter and cinnamon until just soft.
- In a large fry pan, heat butter and a little oil and fry french toast off in batches (keep warm in the oven if needed).
- Serve layered with apples and a dollop of yoghurt and drizzle of maple syrup.
- This will serve 2 hungry people or 4 lightly