Paneton Pumpkin Burgers
- 6 Paneton Baps
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree (approx 1/4 small raw pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 Onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cups oats
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbs Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Toppings – choose a variety for colour and texture, we used mushrooms, lettuce and onion.
- Preheat the oven to 180' and place pumpkin pieces into an oven dish and cover with tinfoil and bake till softened.
- In a pot cook quinoa until tender, drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Place oats into your food processor and blitz till fine and sandy, place into a large bowl and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic until softened and place into a large bowl.
- In a food processor, blitz pumpkin till smooth, scrap out into a large bowl with onions to cool.
- Put all remaining ingredients into the food processor – chickpeas, walnuts, tomato paste, spices and salt and blitz to create a chunky mash texture. Place this into the bowl with all other ingredients and mix to combine everything together (pumpkin, quinoa, oats, chickpeas etc).
- Shape into 6 patties and chill to firm up.
- Cook in a pan until each side is golden.
- Toast Paneton baps on the cut side and assemble with pumpkin pattie and toppings.