Paneton Corn and Courgette burgers
- 6 Paneton Baps
- 3 large Corn cobs
- 1 large Courgette
- 200 g Feta
- 1 handful Mint
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- olive oil for frying
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 bag baby spinach (we like Fresh Grower)
- 1 cucumber sliced
- Japanese Kewpie Mayo
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Peel corn husks off and cook corn for 5 minutes. drain and allow cobs to cool.
- Grate courgette and place into a medium bowl. Cut half of the feta into small cubes and add to courgettes. Add cornflour, baking soda, salt and pepper into the bowl.
- Once corn is cool, cut kernels from the cob, place half in the courgette bowl and the other half into a food processor with half the feta and eggs and blitz till it's a rough paste. Add corn paste to the courgette bowl to combine all ingredients.
- Heat a large fry pan with olive oil. Use a 1/3 cup measurer to scoop the fritter mix into the pan to cook similar sized fritters. Cook until golden brown on one side before flipping over, this takes about 2-3 minutes. Once browned on both sides, place on a lined oven tray on your oven until ready to assemble burgers.
- Slice Baps in half and toast cut side down in a buttery pan (or in your toaster if preferred).
- Slice red onion and cucumber into generous sized rings (this will make for a great crunchy texture)
- To assemble, we put a handful of spinach down, then two fritters, cucumber, onion the mayo and you are ready to eat.