Rhubarb croissant pudding
- 4 day old mini croissants
- 300 ml cream
- 4 eggs (whisked)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp jam (raspberry or any red fruit)
- 2 sticks rhubarb (sliced thinly)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 160'
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and cream until well combined.
- Cut croissants into 3 or 4 slices.
- Smear jam across bottom of baking dish and a layer of rhubarb slices.
- Arrange croissant pieces in dish and pour custard mix over.
- Push in remaining rhubarb slices and rest in the fridge for an hour (this helps the croissants to soak up custard mix).
- Sprinkle sugar over the top and bake until custard has just set (a little runny is good, as it will continue to cook and set while cooling down).
- Serve warm with a dollop of cream.