Indian spiced cauliflower pies
- 1 Roll Paneton flaky pastry (use Pastry&Co for a vegan option)
- 1/4 cauliflower finely cut
- 1 small potato finely diced
- 1/2 celery stick finely diced
- 1/2 carrot finely diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup black lentils (put works well too)
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 Tbs grated ginger
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 egg (for washing pastry)
- sesame seeds (for sprinkling on pis lid)
- Preheat oven to 200'
- Boil a small pot of salted water, add lentils and cook till tender. drain and set aside.
- Finely dice onion, carrots and celery and sauté till softened. Add diced potato, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, spices and cook until tender (add a little water if needed to soften veggies)
- Add lentils to cauliflower mix, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and cool.
- Cut flaky pastry into four top and bottom disks using the tin as a guide.
- Fill with cooled mix, crimping edges to secure filling.
- Brush with egg mix and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top and bake in the oven until golden – approx 30 minutes.